Thank you for a successful TSIC2021!
The University of Toronto Sports and Business Association (UTSB) is excited and proud to host our 10th annual SIC to continue our forward-thinking conversations by bringing brilliant leaders and young professionals together to network, learn, and discuss the current sports business, innovation, and performance landscapes. TSIC2021 will cover 14 unique and innovative panel topics over the course of 2 full-days with self-scheduled networking meetings with other attendees and professionals!
Partners and start-ups will also be presented to network and promote their initiatives and products.
Past speakers represented Canada Basketball, Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, Adidas Canada, TSN, Canadian Olympic Committee, NHL, San Jose Sharks, Toronto Blue Jays, NBA Canada, MLS, NHLPA, New York Giants, Sportsnet, Canadian Tire, and many more!
Panel and speakers will be announced on a rolling basis. Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media to stay updated.
TSIC2021 strives to provide top-notch opportunities for in-depth discussions, career development, and shine lights toward the ones who deserve recognition. We are committed to improving North American sports industry development, specifically the uprising Canadian industry.
Don't miss out on the chance to attend the largest student-run sports business conference in Canada!
Here's the lineup:
• The Future of Canadian Basketball - Leah MacNab, Wesley Brown + more
• Major League Player Transactions - John Hollinger, Laurence Gillman + more
• Sports Entrepreneurship - TBA
• Performance Tech - Adam Douglas, Paul Robbins + more
• Culture, Diversity and Inclusion - Sam Toles, Kim Davis, Jason Sinnarajah
• 2026 FIFA World Cup - Patrick Lowe, Sara Toussiant + more
• Sports Media - Scott Moore + more
• Mental Wellbeing - Megan Popovic, Jose Calderon + more
• Paving a New Lane in Sports: Esports - Kevin Truong + more
• Olympics - Jacquie Ryan, Darryl Boynton, Kylie Masse + more
• Sports Analytics - Devin Pleuler, Ravi Ramineni, Farah Bastein, Tyler Dellow
• Athletic Wear - Rick Baetz, Leo Rodriguez, Shelby Weaver + more
Day 1: Saturday, March 20th
9:00 - 9:15 Opening Remarks
9:15 - 10:00 Keynote
10:15 - 11:00 2026 FIFA World Cup
11:15 - 12:00 Sports Analytics
12:00 - 12:30 PWHPA x Secret Presentation
1:00 - 2:00 Mental Wellbeing
2:15 - 3:00 Sports Media
3:15 - 4:00 Culture, Diversity, and Inclusion
4:15 - 4:45 INDOCHINO Presentation - Athlete Partnerships
5:20 - 5:50 Networking Session
Day 2: Sunday, March 21st, 2021
9:00 - 9:45 Major League Player Transactions
10:00 - 10:45 Performance Tech
11:00 - 11:40 Buffalo Bills Presentation
12:45 - 1:30 Athletic Wear
1:45 - 2:30 Olympics
2:45 - 3:30 The Future of Canadian Basketball
3:45 - 4:30 NFT in the Sports World
4:45 - 5:30 Paving a new lane in Sports: Esports
5:45 - 6:00 Closing Remarks
6:00 - 6:30 Happy Hour Networking Session
Manager, Partnership Marketing, NHL
Director, Corporate Partnerships, NFL Canada
Manager, Sports Sponsorships,
Brand Manager, Clorox & Pine-Sol, The Clorox Company
Head of Content,
NBA G League
Director, Global Partnerships, OverActive Media